- What personal information we collect from you and for which purpose;
- The measures to safeguard the access to and the security of your Personal Data;
- Your rights to access, rectify, erase your Personal Data and object to the processing of your Personal Data.
Van Spaendonk Staal is committed to protecting the privacy of all of its users Personal Data and providing a secure, user-controlled environment for the use of the website in accordance with the the Belgian Privacy Law of 30 July 2018 on privacy protection in relation to the processing of personal data; and the EU Regulation of 2016 (‘GDPR’) concerning the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of personal data, regarding the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC. At the same time, you also share responsibility for maintaining privacy and security.
Information we collect
We may collect several types of personal information from the users of our website, and store it on your mobile device and/or our server such as:
- Contact information (e.g. your name, postal address, e-mail address, and mobile or other telephone number);
- Information in helpdesk support inquiries;
- Information about your device, such as its model, unique device identifier and operating system version;
- Web behavior information such as information related to how the users use the Products (e.g. browser type, domains, page views) collected through cookies and other automated technology (cfr. Section 6 “Cookies”).
Hereinafter collectively “Personal Data”.
We shall store your Personal Data on our servers located in the European Economic Area (AWS – Frankfurt – Germany).
How do we use your Personal Data
Van Spaendonk Staal (i) collects, (ii) uses, (iii) maintains and (iv) may share your Personal Data provided by you or collected by us with its affiliates, parent companies or other related companies for all purposes necessary to ensure the proper functioning of the website.
These purposes may include (collectively the “Purpose”):
- Diagnosing technical problems and managing technical support and processing inquiries concerning the website;
- Contacting the Users to (i) communicate about, and organize your participation in market research or (ii) obtaining testimonials;
- Performing data analyses (including anonymization and aggregation of Personal Data) and using and sharing the resulting data to third parties for commercialization purposes;
- The operation, evaluation and improvement of the website (including the development of additional products and/or services, enhancing and improving the current website, analysis of our website, quality control activities and performing internal business functions such as accounting and auditing);
- Protecting against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
Furthermore, you agree that Van Spaendonk Staal is free to access, retain, and disclose Personal Data in the following events:
- In order to be in compliance with any applicable legislation or regulations;
- If a law enforcement authority or other government official requests so;
- The investigation of any suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity;
- To protect your or our safety and/or rights.
You furthermore understand and agree that the technical processing and transmission of the website, including your Personal Data, may involve (i) transmissions over various networks; and (ii) modifications to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks, or devices .
Van Spaendonk Staal shall take appropriate administrative, technical and organizational measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing of any Personal Data or its accidental loss, destruction or damage, access, disclosure or use. Upon written request, Van Spaendonk Staal can provide you with a list of people of Van Spaendonk Staal that may have access to your Personal Data.
These people have entered into confidentiality agreements prior to having been granted access to your Personal Data. In the event of and following discovery or notification of a breach of the security of the Personal Data, or access by an unauthorized person, Van Spaendonk Staal is required by law to notify the user if the breach is likely to affect your privacy.
The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system version, information on actions taken on our website (such as usage, activity logs and click-throughs), and dates and times of visits. Log data is deleted on a regular basis.
More information about cookies set by third parties:
Google Tag Manager
Disclosure to Third Parties
We may also share Personal Data with Third Party service providers who help us to provide, understand, commercialize and improve our Products. We do not authorize these Third Party service providers to use or disclose your Personal Data except as strictly necessary to perform any services under our supervision or to comply with applicable legislation. We seek to provide any such Third Party service provider with only the Personal Data they need to perform their specific function.
Right of access – If you are concerned or have any questions about your Personal Data, you have the right to request access to the Personal Data which we hold or process about you. We will then provide you with information about the data that are being processed and on the source of those data.
Right of rectification and right of erasure – You have the right to request us free of charge to correct, erase or block any inaccuracies in your Personal Data if such Personal Data would be incomplete, inaccurate or processed unlawfully.
Right to not be subject to automated individual decision making – You have the right to request us not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
You may also lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in case of breach of the applicable privacy laws by Van Spaendonk Staal.
Data retention and deletion
Third Party websites or applications
You acknowledge and agree that certain content or services provided by Third Parties may be made available to you through the website. You agree that such linked content or services may have their own privacy policies for which Van Spaendonk Staal cannot be held responsible. Van Spaendonk Staal does not in any way review or endorse the privacy practices of such Third Parties.